Tuesday 30 September 2014

Mixed Media Mania - Feeling Stumped?

Did you ever pull out all your art journal supplies and sit there feeling stumped?  Sometimes it just takes a quote or an object to get me started but every once in a while...I resort to youtube.
Don't get offended if you are a youtube fan...but most of the time, I am not a fan of the videos.  I just don't like sitting and watching someone gesso a page and have 15 minutes evaporate in the blink of an eye :)
So, let me share with you my hints about searching for an inspiring video on youtube.

1.  Don't type in Art Journal - you will get soooooooooooo many videos, you won't know where to start!
2.  Check out the time of the video - if it is over 10 minutes, I likely won't be watching it!
3.  Only click on the video if the picture catches your eye...regardless of the title.  Avoid the bunny trails!
4.  My biggest hint......... add the following words to whatever you're searching for 
FAST FORWARD
Yep, that's it.  
The videos usually don't have talking, they don't go on and on and on about how to gesso a page....they simply share their quick and easy page with you!

Just to prove my point, please enjoy this quick and inspirational video made by Ronda Palazzari!
She takes very little product and makes a gorgeous page!

  
Ronda will be teaching some fabulous classes here at the end of October - you can read more about them HERE
Wishing you a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment