A few weeks ago, we packed up the store and joined Canadian Scrapbooker for their Carnival in Sherwood Park and Calgary. We met a ton of new scrappy friends and got a little dirty in our make and takes. Some of the ladies had asked me to write down the instructions for them so I promised I would do a blog post with step by step photos. So this morning, I set down to do it and about 3 photos into it, my phone died :( Thankfully, I have my tablet with me but you will have to forgive the photo quality.
This is the tag we made
For this tag, you will need (click on the item to see it in the online store):
Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves
Black Pitt Pen
So let's get started!
2. While your tag is drying, stamp your bird onto watercolour paper. Colour the bird using your water brush and the Twinkling H2Os. The trick to blending is LOTS of water! Cut your bird out, cutting his feet off. Sorry, this is where I had the photos on my phone.
4. Generously mist your stencil with water. Flip it over onto your tag and rub gently. Lift the stencil off and dry with a heat gun.
5. Using your Ink Blending Tool and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, place your Circle Rays stencil over the tag and rub the ink into it.
6. Stamp your bird onto your tag to give him his feet back :) Glue the bird over the stamping.
Cut your words into strips and glue onto your tag.
7. Doodle around strips, the bird and the edges of your tag using a white Uniball Gel Pen and a black Pitt Pen.